Melanie Bell is an author, editor, writing coach, and Enneagram teacher who is passionate about understanding the stories we tell ourselves and articulating the stories we want to tell. Growing up as a clumsy immigrant kid in a close-knit rural area, stories and language were her refuge. As an adult, they became her area of expertise. She has worked with students and clients from around the world to understand themselves and hone their writing.
Melanie is the coauthor of The Modern Enneagram. Her poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and columns have appeared in publications including Cicada, xoJane, Grain, The Fiddlehead, Everyday Fiction, and Autostraddle. She has worked as a university writing instructor, ESL teacher, editor, freelance writer, and curriculum designer. She is bilingual, and happy to work with clients in French as well as English. She teaches Authorized Workshops with the Enneagram Institute®.
As Director of Education for Berghoef & Bell Innovations (the business’s previous incarnation), Melanie has created curricula and led workshops across disciplines and continents. She holds degrees in Interdisciplinary Leadership from the University of New Brunswick and in Creative Writing from Concordia University.
“Melanie demonstrates excellent practical knowledge of coaching and the Enneagram. Her approach is gentle, yet highly effective.”
-Stephanie M., Graphic Designer
- Writer (view her work here) and editor
- Freelance editor for nonfiction and fiction publishers in the U.S., Canada, and U.K.
- Specializing in nonfiction and self-help books, with clients including New Harbinger and Hay House
- Creativity coach (trained with Eric Maisel)
- Enneagram Institute® Certified and Authorized Teacher
- IEA Accredited Professional
- Awareness to Action Coaching Certification with Enneagram Learning International
- Master of Arts (MA) in English/Creative Writing, Concordia University
- Bachelor of Leadership Studies, University of New Brunswick
- TESOL-certified English as a Second Language Instructor
- Two-time Enneagram Institute® scholarship recipient
- Conscious Living Center Scholarship recipient
- Reiki Level 2 practitioner
- Completed Fundamentals of Ayurveda course